BOB manipal recruitment 2017-18 :- Bank of Baroda was founded by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III on 20 July 1908 in the Princely State of Baroda, in Gujarat. It is an Indian state-owned International banking and financial services company headquartered in Vadodara (earlier known as Baroda) in Gujarat, India. It is the second largest bank in India, next to State Bank Of India. Its headquarters is in Vadodara, it has a corporate office in the in Mumbai. In its international expansion, the Bank of Baroda followed the Indian diaspora, especially that of Gujaratis. The Bank has 106 branches/offices in 24 countries including 61 branches/offices of the bank, 38 branches of its 8 subsidiaries and 1 representative office in Thailand. The Bank of Baroda has a joint venture in Zambia with 16 branches. Bank of Baroda became the first National Supporter (Indian sponsor) of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017, the first football World Cup to be hosted in India.
Bank of Baroda and Manipal Group have joined hands to set up the Baroda Manipal School of Banking (BMSB) to cater to the needs of training young, bright graduates in order to make them job ready for a career in Banking in Bank of Baroda. On successful completion of the programme within the stipulated time period, they shall be absorbed as Probationary Officers by Bank of Baroda.
Recently, Bank of Baroda has issued a Notification for Job Aspirants to invite their applications for ADMISSION In BARODA MANIPAL SCHOOL OF BANKING FOR Upcoming YEAR. To select eligible aspirants, GD and Personal Interview will be commenced very earlier.
This is a great opportunity to join the Banking sector as a career path. Job candidates must apply for the released notification. Below we are providing the complete details of BOB Manipal School of Banking PO Programme 2017.
Bank Of Baroda Manipal recruitment 2017-18
BOB is looking for young, energetic, and innovative minds who can be imparted with the necessary knowledge and skills required to be good all-round bankers through a -9- (nine) months Post Graduate Certificate in Banking and Finance course in Baroda Manipal School of Banking.
The course consists of -9- months on campus program, on completion of which the candidate would be awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Banking & Finance and will be offered appointment in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade / Scale-I.
DETAILS OF BOB MANIPAL SCHOOL OF BANKING PO PRAGRAMME 2017
Schedule of Events
|Start date for Online Registration||
|Online Payment of Application Fees||
01.04.2017 to 01.05.2017
|Last date for Online Registration||
|Download of Call letter for Examination||
|Date of Examination (Tentative)||
STUDENT INTAKE (FOR THE SELECTION EXERCISE OF 2017-18)
3 batches of students will be inducted in Baroda Manipal School of Banking through this current selection exercise for 2017-18 (April 2017 to March 2018). The intake of students in each batch will be decided by the bank, as per the requirement.
The total number of Student intake and reserved Student intake for a sample batch of -400- are given here under and are provisional which may vary depending upon future needs of the Bank & availability of candidates under the respective category :-
Number of Student intake
Age (As on 01.04.2017)
Minimum- 20 years
Note: 3% Seats are reserved for PWD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates, to be equally distributed between OC, HI & VI. The reservation for PWD is on horizontal basis. The selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz. SC/ST/OBC/Unreserved) to which they belong to
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA For BOB manipal recruitment 2017-18
A) Qualification (As on 01.05.2017) – Degree (Graduation) with minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in any discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification as such recognized by Central Government.
All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 30.04.2017. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 30.04.2017 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University/ Institute.
B) Age : Minimum 20 years- Maximum 28 years i.e a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1989 and not later than 01.04.1997 (both dates inclusive)
|Sr. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|A||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates||5 years|
|B||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates||3 years|
|C||Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/ SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of application) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on being declared as invalid||5 years for selection through written test & interview, subject to ceiling, as per Govt. Guidelines|
|D||All persons who have ordinarily been domiciled in J & K State during 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989||5 years|
|E||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|F||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||PWD (SC-ST) – 15 years
PWD (OBC) – 13 years
PWD (Gen) – 10 years
A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) a subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/ interview conducted by the Bank but on final selection, the offer of appointment may be given only after the Government of India has issued the necessary eligibility certificate to him.
APPLICATION FEE :-
– Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
– Rs. 750/- for all others
SELECTION PROCESS :-
- Candidates shall be selected by BOB through a selection process consisting of an (open) online exam followed by Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview.
|Type||SL||Name of the Test||No of Question||Max. Marks||Time|
|Objective Test||1||Reasoning||50||50||2 Hour|
|3||General Awareness (related to Banking Industry)||50||50|
|Descriptive Test||5||English Language||02||50||30 Minutes|
- Candidates are required to obtain a minimum score in each test and also a minimum total score in the online test to be shortlisted for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview. Candidates will be shortlisted for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview depending on the number of vacancies, cut-off in each test and total marks secured in the online test as decided by the Bank.
- There will be descriptive paper for test of writing skill in English which has to be completed in online mode only. The descriptive paper of only such candidates will be assessed who secure a minimum qualifying mark in the objective test.
- Wrong answers in objective test will attract negative marks (1/4th of marks assigned to that question) for the online test.
- Along with the call letters, information handout and a sample test shall also be uploaded on the site which candidates can take to familiarize themselves with the nature of Test & Questions.
Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion and Personal Interview :-
- The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in the Online Test will be arranged in descending order in each category and the candidates in the order of merit, subject to approximately 4 times the number of intake in each category, will be called for Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
- The Psychometric Assessment will be qualifying in nature. The final merit list for selection will be on the basis of performance in Online Test (objective + descriptive), Psychometric Assessment, Group Discussion (GD) and Interview.
- Each and every short listed candidates for Group Discussion & Interview has to appear for Psychometric Assessment failing which, candidature of such candidate will be cancelled.
HOW TO APPLY BOB manipal recruitment 2017-18
Candidates can apply online only from 01.04.2017 to 01.05.2017 through the link in the careers page of the Bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.co.in and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should–
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature are within the required specifications as given in Annexure-I of the Advertisement.
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make online payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges.
- Have a valid personal e-Mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this selection exercise. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/ mention his / her e-Mail ID to/ or of any other person.
- In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal e-Mail ID, he/she should create his/ her new e-Mail ID before applying Online.
Advertisement link : http://www.bankofbaroda.co.in/Careers/Admission-2017-18.asp
Applicants are advised to read the complete details before applying. Keep connected to our site for more news and updates. For any queries you can write us in the below provided box.