Here we are giving ossc junior clerk previous paper 2016, ossc junior clerk and Junior Assistant syllabus 2016. Candidates who are interested in downloading ossc junior clerk previous paper 2016, ossc junior clerk and Junior Assistant syllabus 2016, here it is. We are giving the entire syllabus and exam pattern of Jr Assistant and junior clerk exam. Applicants can also download ossc junior clerk previous paper 2016 at official website www.ossc.gov.in. For more information about ossc junior clerk previous paper 2016, ossc junior clerk and Junior Assistant syllabus 2016, ossc junior clerk and Junior Assistant syllabus 2016 PDF read below article.
OSSC junior clerk and Junior Assistant syllabus 2016 :- CLICK HERE
ossc junior clerk previous paper 2016 exam date & Syllabus Junior Assistant & Clerk
Firstly, candidates have to face Preliminary examination which will be total of 100 marks to shortlist the candidates. The contenders who will qualify will appear the Main Written Examination. The Main Qualified candidates will then face the Computer Test afterwards. The Computer Test Qualified Candidates will be posted in the vacant position of Junior Assistant & Junior Clerk.
- Preliminary Examination : 100 Marks : 1:30 Hours
- Main Written Examination : 400 Marks
- Basic Computer Skill Test : 50 Marks : 1 Hour
ossc junior clerk and Junior Assistant syllabus 2016 :
- Language Test in English : 50 Marks : 1 Hour
- Language Test in Odia : 50 Marks : 1 Hour
- General Knowledge : 100 Marks : 1:30 Hour
- Mathematics : 100 Marks : 1:30 Hour
- Computer Skill Test : 100 Marks : 1:30 Hours
ossc junior clerk and Junior Assistant syllabus 2016 and Exam Pattern
Preliminary Examination : 100 Marks : 1:30 Hour
Preliminary Examination 100 marks, 1 hour (Qualifying) The Combined Preliminary Examination will be held on General Awareness and will be of objective type with multiple choices of answers to be answered in OMR Sheet. Questions on Current events, History, Geography, General Science, Constitution of India, Human rights, Basic Computer Skill Test, English language/Odia language comprehension etc. as may be commonly expected from +2 qualified person and Arithmetic of High School standard will be set in the examination. This is a screening test which will be qualifying in nature. Candidates numbering about twelve times, category wise vacancies shall be called for appearing the main written examination. The marks obtained in the preliminary examination shall not be added to the marks secured in main (written) examination while preparing the final select list.
Main Written Examination : 400 Marks
English Language Test: ( 50 marks)
- GRAMMAR ( 20 marks) : Verbs, Tenses, Modal, Active and Passive Voice, Subject-verb concord, non-finite verb forms (infinitives and participles), Sentence Structure, Connectors, Types of sentences, Types of Phrases and Clause, Direct & Indirect speech, Comparison, Determiners, Pronouns, Prepositions.
- Unseen passage(400-450 words in length) (10 marks) with a variety of comprehension questions including vocabulary
- Essay writing on familiar topics(within 250 words) (10 marks)
- Letter writing(Personal letter, applications, Business and Official) (within 150 words) 10 marks,
Odia Language Test: ( 50 marks)
Grammar (20 marks) :
- (i) Transformation of sentences (02 marks) : Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative, Exclamatory, Simple, Compound, Complex
- (ii) Transformation of words(noun to adjective and adjective to noun) (02 marks)
- (iii) Sandhi (02 marks)
- (iv) Samasa (03 marks)
- (v) Antonyms and Synonyms (02 marks)
- (vi) Correction of common errors in words (03 marks)
- (vii) Idioms and Phrases (02 marks)
- (viii) Taddhita and Krudanta (02 marks)
- (ix) Punctuation marks (02 marks)
Composition ( 20 marks)
- Essay writing on familiar topics and personal ity(within 250 words) (10 marks)
- Letter Writing(Personal letter, applications, Business and Official) within 150 words) (05 marks)
- Translation(one English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia) (05 marks)
Comprehension of an unseen passage ((5×2)= 10 marks)
Five short questions to be asked.
(b) General Knowledge (100 marks)
In this category, there shall be a series of questions of different categories like:
Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places, Geographical facts with places, States, countries and institutions with headquarters, Books and authors, Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses, Current events with places and personalities and, Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
(c) Mathematics (100 marks)
Fractions and Decimals, Percentage, Average, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Rates and Taxes, Insurance, Profit, Loss and Discount, Mixtures, Partnership, Problems on Time & Work, Problems on Time and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Statistics.
Under this, there will be a series of question in practical Mathematics required for day-to-day use. The questions would be such as to test candidate’s ability to work out with quickness and accuracy.
Basic Computer Skills ( 100 marks)
MS Windows: Introduction of Windows
MS Office: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel & MS Access
Basic Computer Skill Test : 50 Marks : 1 Hour
WINDOWS operating system
- To test some of the following basic system operations on file/folder(s): Create, Rename, Copy/Cut/Paste, Delete, *Using Clipboard
- A Paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination, Editing and Formatting text and paragraph, Page and Paragraph Setup, Inserting pictures and WordArt
MS Power Point
- A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination. Editing and formatting slides
- A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination. Formatting cells and data, Functions and Formulae(Relative, absolute and Mixed reference.
V. MS Access
- A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be Tested during the examination, Creating and entering data into a database *Setting the primary key *Printouts of the document(s) should be attached with the answer Sheets.